Terms & Conditions
1. These Terms and Conditions apply to your access to and use of this site and all Material (as defined below) on this site. By accessing and using this site you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you do not accept these Terms and Conditions please do not use this website. Westburn Publishers Ltd (“Westburn”) reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions at any time and without prior notification.
2. Institutional subscribers to Westburn journals are also required to abide by the Terms and Conditions detailed in our Terms and Conditions of Access Licence.
3. All copyright and any other intellectual property rights throughout the world in the content, text, graphics, database, data, design, software and all other material, of whatever nature on this site (“Material”) are the property of Westburn and its licensors. All rights in the Material are reserved. Reproduction of all or any substantial part of the Material is prohibited, except that individual users may print or save portions of the site for their own personal use. This licence does not permit users to incorporate the Material or any substantial part of it in any other work or publication.
4. Subject to clause 2 above, no substantial part of this site may be reproduced on, transmitted to, or stored in any other web site or other electronic retrieval system. Framing of this site is prohibited. All links to this site must go to its home page and must not link directly to any other page. Westburn does not accept any liability in relation to any site or the content of any site to which a link is made from this site.
6 To the fullest extent permitted by law:
a. Westburn gives no warranties, representations, conditions, terms or undertakings in relation to the Material, whether express or implied by statute, common law, custom, trade usage, course of dealing or otherwise, including, without limitation, any implied term that the Material is accurate, complete, or up to date; and
b. Westburn excludes all indirect or consequential liability, loss or damage (including, without limitation, loss of profit, loss of business or depletion of goodwill), costs, expenses or claims for consequential compensation (howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with your use of this site or your reliance on the Material. In particular, but without limitation, Westburn excludes all liability arising from actual or alleged libellous statements, infringements of intellectual property rights or from any use or operation of any ideas, instructions, procedures, products or methods contained in the Material. The opinions expressed in the Material are not necessarily those of the Journal Editors or of Westburn.
7. Any prices set out on this site may be changed by Westburn without any notice.
8. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits Westburn’s liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by its negligence in any way whatsoever.
9. You agree to accept the application of English law to govern matters between Westburn and yourself.
10. Our details:
This website is owned and operated by Westburn Publishers Ltd.
Our VAT number is GB 703 8672 31
We are registered in Scotland No. 78489 and our registered office and principal place of business is at 23 Millig Street, Helensburgh, Argyll, G84 9LD, UK.
You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, or by email to email@example.com
Westburn Publishers Blog pages
Invitation to Comment
Comment Guidelines – We welcome comments. Blog posts which are open to Comments will display the option to comment. Comments are published on submission and may be subject to moderation.
Contribute To The Discussion – Blogs are inherently social in nature, which means you can interact not only with the blogger but with the other commenters as well. Please feel free to start a dialogue with someone in the comments (as long as it stays relevant) instead of just leaving a general comment about the blog.
We welcome debate and differing views. If you disagree with a blog or feel that it missed important points, please post a comment expressing your views and offer considered opinion on why you think the blogger is incorrect. If a debate develops through the comments, be ready to acknowledge your own mistakes or misunderstandings, and don’t alter previous posts without indicating that you have done so.
Please aim to add value. Provide worthwhile information and perspective, and provide links to external sources where appropriate. Please also be respectful of other users of the site.
Some simple do’s and don’ts
- Contribute to the discussion.
- Ask questions.
- Engage with other commenters.
- Express your own opinions.
- Stay on topic.
- Link to external sources where appropriate.
- Give credit to others where necessary.
- Be respectful of other users of the site.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity.
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including trademark, copyright, intellectual property or privacy rights.
- Post personal information such as phone numbers, e-mail addresses or other contact details, which may relate to you or other persons.
- Impersonate or falsely claim to be or represent another person or organisation.
- Post unsolicited or unauthorised commercial endorsements or advertisements for any product, service or publication.
- Link to any other website or content if that content would breach our Terms and Conditions.
- Collect or store personal data of other users.
- Make repetitive postings or “spam”.
- Post anything on the website that you would not want to be in the public domain.
Moderation of Comments
The first time a user comments on the site, this will be moderated prior to publication. Thereafter, comments will be published upon submission. We invite users to notify us if they think any comment on this site does not meet our Terms of Service, and they can report this to the moderator by email to firstname.lastname@example.org Comments may be reviewed and edited before publication, and we reserve the right to decline to publish a comment, and to edit or delete any comment that has been published on our website. We shall have no obligation to provide to you a copy of any comment that you post to our website. We will not enter into discussions about why comments were deleted.
Invitation to Blog
Blog posts are published on the Westburn Blogs under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (https://creativecommons.org/), unless otherwise stated. Third party materials remain the copyright of the original rightsholder.
Disclaimer: Please note that any views expressed on this site are the views of the Author(s) of that post, and are not necessarily the views of the Journal Editors or Westburn Publishers Ltd.